Sunday 13 May 2007

R.I.P Steve Irwin, but there's not a copy-cat is there?

I have to say that I was sad when I read of the death of the Australian crocodile hunter Steve Irwin. But this may sound harsh, but i wasn't surprised. If someone has chosen to do dangerous stunts with animals and basically risk their lives every single time they did a stunt, what on earth do they expect. Personally he should have stopped all of that when he had the chance, he would've still been alive today. I just don't believe in people who do these animal stunts for show. What exactly are they showing? OK... so yeah they are brave to jump on a crocodiles back and tackle him to the ground, OK.. i didn't know there was a qualification for that. I just think that doing this kind of activity is dangerously unnecessary and we don't need someone to demonstrate how vicious animals could be, we've all watched nature programs before and have heard what their animal nature is. To my surprise, I accidentally came across a Steve Irwin look-a-like and copycat, his name was Austin Stevens and he a general animal hunter. He was holding poisonous snakes by their necks, catching a violent turtles and showing how violent it could be by pushing his foot into its mouth! All that comes to mind is why.... why would you do that, it's like having a death wish. Steve Irwins death was ironic, he wasn't even trying to catch the animal or aggravate it, he was just doing a normal documentary on jellyfish. But it was strange how this time he was the one under threat.

No comments: