Wednesday 9 May 2007

Spiderman goes emo!

I wouldn't say that I'm a huge spiderman fan, but I've watched the first and the second one and so I had to watch the third. This is all courtesy of my little brother who use to eat, sleep and drink everything Marvel, not anymore though, he's eleven now and so finds Yu-gi-oh and Drake and Josh, a little more interesting.

I was looking forward to the film because the previews looked so good. I was ready to see some fighting action.

Warning! Here comes a spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet
-

BUT, I wasn't expecting to see Peter Parker sporting the emo look and bustin' John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, moves. It was funny...suprisingly funny. It was kind of weird too, because, as you followers of Spiderman would know, the character of Peter Parker is the total opposite. Well I suppose that's the whole point because he changes from the red Spiderman to the black Spiderman and this transition is not only physical but mental too; he changes into his alter ego. Geeky Peter Parker turns into an arrogant womaniser (with a side fringe and black eye liner) who thinks hes 'all that and a bag of chips'.
The producers obviously took advantage of the change by adding some humur to it. But I'm not sure if it fit in, but it was funny, my mouth was open in shock for about 5 mins.

Anyhow I liked the moral themes of the film. They stood out. Commitment, being yourself (and not letting power change you) and forgiveness. There were a few lines with pearls of wisdom for they guys, so pay attention men.

No comments: